Hunting at Delaware State Parks
Information and Maps, by Park
Pre-Season Hunting Lotteries
State Park Hunting
a Hunting License Online
Home Page of the
Delaware Division of Fish and Wildlife
- The Delaware Division of Parks and Recreation allows hunting on its
lands as a tool for wildlife management. It is permitted only when
compatible with Division management objectives.
- Some parks have additional pre-registration requirements. Hunters
are urged to contact each park directly for complete information.
- Special hunting rules are in effect at each State Park. These rules
and park hunting maps must be obtained prior to hunting each site.
They are available in printed form at each park where hunting is allowed,
or at 89 Kings Highway, Dover. These special rules are in addition
to the regulations outlined in the Delaware
Hunting and Trapping Guide: 2008-2009.
- Bullfrog, snapping turtle and terrapin hunting is prohibited in all
- State Parks are multiple use areas. Hunters must share areas with
other uses such as hiking, camping, biking, horseback riding, and boating.
Extreme caution is required when hunting on State Park lands.
This page last updated
Additional Park Registration Requirements
- The following parks use lotteries to assign deer stands during
certain shotgun seasons:
Brandywine Creek State
Check here for lottery
- To register for the archery program at White Clay Creek State Park,
you must register at the park office.
- To hunt during any shotgun deer season at Lums Pond State Park,
you must pre-register in person at the park office. Call the park office at (302) 368-6989 for more information.