General Camping Policies
Reserve your campsite, cabin, cottage or yurt online or by calling
View our season calendar and rates!
Delaware State Parks are here for your enjoyment. Please be considerate of others and dispose of litter properly. Remember...take only pictures and leave only footprints.
- Each campsite may have up to 8 people. There is an additional $2 per day charge for each person over the first four.
- Campsites can only be registered to park visitors 18 years of age or older.
- Between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend, camping is permitted for a maximum of 14 days within a 21-day period per park.
- Each campsite can accommodate 1 mobile camping unit and 1 tent (limited only by the size of the site) or 2 tents with a maximum of 300 square feet of floor space.
- Only one vehicle may be parked at each campsite. Additional vehicles may be parked in the visitor overflow parking lot.
- Check-out time for campsites is 12 noon on the date the camping permit expires.
- Campers registering before 6 a.m. will be charged for the previous night.
- Pets are permitted in Delaware State Park campgrounds, but must be attended at all times. Pets are not allowed in cabins or yurts. Visit our Camping with Pets page, and for specific policies about pets at each park, consult the campground registration booth or park office.
Customers can change their reservation once at no charge. For each subsequent change, a fee of $10.00 will be charged. The changes can occur among any state parks that offer family camping, cottages, cabins, or yurts and may either be a date or site change. The transaction amount must remain the same to qualify as a change.
Cancellations and Refunds:
a. A cancellation fee of $10.00 will apply if cancellation occurs prior to 30 days before arrival date. Balance of payments will be refunded.
b. A cancellation fee of a one-day camping fee will be charged if cancellation is within 30 days of arrival date. Balance of payments will be refunded.
c. A $35.00 fee will be applied if a cancellation occurs for a cabin, camping cabin or yurt reservation. Balance of payments will be refunded.
d. A $300.00 fee will be applied if a cancellation occurs for a water front cottage 121 days or more in advance of arrival date. The customer will forfeit ½ of the published rental fee if the reservation is cancelled less than 121 days prior to arrival date.
e. Early departures forfeit all balances.
f. Refunds for cancellations may be issued by the Division or by the Call Center only.
g. The park reserves the right to hold a campsite, cabin or yurt for 24 hours from expected reservation arrival date before reservation is cancelled and is returned to inventory.
h. Cancellations will result in the issuance of a refund of the balance of fees paid. The refund will be applied by the same instrument by which payment was made (i.e. credit card payments will receive a credit using the same credit card. Checks and money orders will receive a check refund.) Refunds by check require a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. The Request for Refund procedures must be followed for refunds made by check.
i. Customers may not cancel a reservation and rebook the stay for the same dates in order to receive a promotional discount.
j. Designated officials in each park and specified Dover staff may authorize a complete refund in the case of emergency or early departure.
In the event Delaware State Parks must close a park or campground (due to storm or other emergency); the affected campers will be given a refund
of the unused portion of their reservation. If the campground remains open and the camper elects to leave, the action will be treated as an Early Departure and no refund will be given.
Emerald Ash Borer
Help us protect our trees by preventing the spread of harmful insect pests to Delaware's parks and forests. Use the firewood sold at the campground or from local sources near the park you are visiting. Please do not bring firewood with you into Delaware. LEARN MORE
Open Burning Notice
Campfires and open fires may be banned in selected campgrounds during extremely dry conditions. Please contact the campground immediately prior to your visit for fire status. Charcoal fires in grills are permitted during bans unless otherwise noted.
Campfires are not permitted at Delaware Seashore State Park at any time.
Reserve Online! Make your camping reservations online or call the Campground Reservation System at 1-877-98 PARKS.