Please Choose a Category:
Military Passes FAQ
For current military pass rates, visit our Annual Passes and Rates page
We Want YOU!
To join the Veterans Conservation Corps
Living Allowance * Insurance * Scholarships * Student Loan Forbearance * Training
Open to Veterans & Military Family Members
- Does the Delaware Division of Parks and Recreation offer annual pass discounts to Active Military, Military Retirees and Veterans?
Yes, we offer three different types of annual pass discounts: the Delaware Military Pass, the Out-of-State Military Vehicle Pass, and the Veterans of Southwest Asia Military Pass.
- Where can I purchase discounted military passes?
Delaware Military Passes are sold only at park offices and at the offices of the Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control at 89 King’s Highway in Dover. The Operation Iraqi Freedom/Operation Enduring Freedom pass is issued only at our 89 King's Highway location, by our Office of Business Services. Discounted military passes are not available for online purchase or at retail locations.
What is the Delaware Military Pass?
The Delaware legislature’s House Bill 235, amended by Senate Amendment No. 1, created the Delaware Military Pass. It was signed into law July 5, 2012 and is found in Title 7 §4701(a)(5)(E). This legislation authorizes the Delaware Division of Parks and Recreation to reduce the cost of an annual pass by 50% for military members who are permanent residents of the State of Delaware.
- Who is eligible for the Delaware Military Pass?
You may purchase a Delaware Military Pass if you are:
a) a permanent resident of the state of Delaware and
b) one of the following:
- An active-duty military member serving honorably in the Armed Forces of the United States or in the Delaware National Guard
- A veteran who was honorably discharged
- A military retiree who served honorably for 20 or more years
- What documents will I need to show when I purchase the Delaware Military Pass?
When you come in to purchase your pass, you will need to present documents that confirm your military status, your Delaware residency, and your ownership of the vehicle on which you will affix your pass.
To confirm your military status, bring:
- Your Military ID if you are an active duty military member or a military retiree, or
- Your DD214 discharge paper if you are a veteran
To confirm your Delaware residency, bring:
- Your Delaware driver’s license
To confirm ownership of the vehicle on which you will place your pass, bring:
- The official vehicle registration document for the vehicle on which you intend to place your pass. This vehicle must be registered in Delaware in your name.
- Can family members of military personnel purchase a Delaware Military Pass?
No, family members are not eligible to purchase the pass. The law stipulates that only military personnel, retirees and veterans may purchase the Delaware Military Pass.
- Can I purchase more than one Delaware Military Pass?
Yes, you may purchase one Delaware Military Pass for each vehicle you own, provided the vehicle is registered in the state of Delaware in your name, and the address on the Delaware vehicle registration is the same as on your driver’s license.
- What if I’m stationed in Delaware, but my vehicle registration or driver’s license is from another state?
If you are on active duty in Delaware but your vehicle registration or driver’s license is from another state, you’re not eligible for the Delaware Military Pass. However, you are eligible for an out-of-state Military Vehicle Pass. At half the cost of the civilian out-of-state vehicle pass, it represents substantial savings for military personnel stationed here.
- Are there any free passes available for military personnel?
Yes. In 2007, the Delaware Legislature authorized the Delaware Division of Parks and Recreation to offer a free pass to veterans of Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom. To qualify, you must be a resident of the state of Delaware and have served honorably for 90 or more consecutive days on active duty in the armed forces of the United States, including service as member of the Delaware National Guard, in military actions in Southwest Asia associated with Operation Iraqi Freedom or Operation Enduring Freedom. This pass is available for the first 12 months following the date the resident was honorably discharged or removed from active status. This pass is issued only at our 89 King's Highway location in Dover, by our Office of Business Services. For more information, download the application form.