Places to GoThings to Do Things to Know

Back to Things to Know

Delaware State Parks Frequently Asked Questions

Back to Things to Know
Back to Things to Know

How much does a surf fishing vehicle permit cost?

$65 for Delaware residents and $130 for non-residents. Delaware senior citizens may purchase a permit for $55, and non-resident seniors may purchase a permit for $110.

Can we make a reservation for a campsite?

Reservations for camping, cabins and Yurts can be made online or by calling the toll free number:

1-877-98 PARKS

For more information see our Campground Reservation System page

Can I bring my dog camping with me?

Dogs are permitted in campsites as long as they are on a leash. However, pets are not permitted in the cabins at Killens Pond and Trap Pond, the yurts at Lums Pond and Trap Pond, or the cottages at Delaware Seashore.

Do you have any bike trails?

You can ride your bike on any Multi-Use Trail. This information will be found in the park map legends.

When do you start charging fees?

A park entry fee is charged daily from
March 1 through November 30.

Which parks with camping facilities are located near the ocean?

Cape Henlopen and Delaware Seashore state parks are both located near the ocean and offer camping facilities.

Where can I get more information?
  1. For general information about Delaware State Parks, call (302) 739-9220 or send your question by e-mail.
  2. For information about educational programs, archeology in state parks, hunting, or folklife, call the Cultural and Recreational Services section at (302) 739-9191 or send your question by e-mail.
  3. For information about land use issues, call the Park Resource Office at (302) 739- 9235.

This page last updated

For more information, e-mail Delaware State Parks Information.
© 2001, Delaware Division of Parks and Recreation

Report technical problems/suggestions, etc. regarding this website to the webmaster.

Division of Parks & Recreation Home Page

DNREC Online Home Page

State of Delaware Home page