- Camping and Cottages
- Sports and Leisure Activities
- Nature/History Programs
- School Group Programs
- Summer Camps
- Summer Concerts
- Indian River Marina
- Museums, Attractions, Brandywine Zoo
- Weddings, Meetings
- General Information
- Resident Curatorships
- Volunteering, Friends'
- Passes and Fees
Please Choose a Park:
Lums Pond State Park
Open Daily 8 a.m. to Sunset
Horses and riders are permitted on designated roadways, trails and beaches on lands administered by the Delaware Division of Parks and Recreation.
- Designated trails and access schedules are subject to change upon review by the Division.
- Access is limited to park operating hours (8 a.m. to sunset.)
- Vehicles and trailers used for the transport of horses must park in designated areas.
- Trails may be closed on a temporary basis due to hazardous conditions.
- Riders are responsible for cleaning up after their horses on roadways and in parking areas.
Lums Pond Equestrian Center
Operated by: Sunset Stables, Suzanne Campbell. Open by appointment. Riding lessons, day camps, trail rides, birthday parties and tack shop.
The Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control, Division of Parks and Recreation, is responsible for the operation and maintenance of Delaware's state parks and for providing facilities, programs and services for the public's use and enjoyment of these areas.
The Division seeks qualified and competent concessionaires to provide and operate various services ranging from snack foods operations to public recreational equestrian centers. Accordingly, a prospectus is issued by the Division to encourage the widest possible interest in providing adequate and satisfactory services and to inform all interested parties of the requirements and conditions under which such operations will be conducted. A contractual agreement is negotiated with the person(s) or corporation(s) selected as the most qualified to provide the services.