Volunteer Hosting Program
Contact: Glen Stubbolo
89 Kings Hwy., Dover, DE 19901
Phone: (302) 739-9193
Fax: (302) 739-3817
Living History Host
Bring History to life! Assist a living history program as a tour guide or costumed character, recreating a Civil War fort, WWII gun battery, or historic turn-of-the-century lifesaving station.
Killens Pond State ParkCape Henlopen State Park Delaware Seashore State Park
- Greet program participants. Provide direction and answers questions of Program Participants.
- Help gather materials and assist in set up for assigned program. Assist in cleanup from assigned program.
- Assist Park Interpreter, educator or Nature Center Manager with presentations of general environmental education and interpretive programming.
- Interact with program participants, answering questions, assisting with activities, and ensuring participation for all attendees.
- May lead portion of program or sub division of program participants.
- May lead nature walk.
- Maintain tracking of program participants. May complete program report.
- Report suggestions and observations.
- Assist in operation of Nature Center; tours/explanation of exhibits, maintain cleanliness, answer phone, answer questions and provide direction.
- May perform program research and design.
- Other duties as assigned and agreed upon.
- Park and Division Recognition Program
- Training Opportunities
- Admission to Park
- Park and staff events
- Special events
- Appreciation and understanding of the natural environment
- Desire to help provide environmental education and interpretive opportunities.
- Presents program as instructed by Park Interpreter, Educator or Nature Center Manager.
- Pleasant and personable. Relates well with people.
- Independent and responsible.
- Able to assist with both Indoor and Outdoor programs.
- Able to stand for long periods or walking trails to accompany participants.
- Able to operate simple audio-visual equipment.
- Attends training.
- Able to communicate effectively with a diverse public.
- Able to speak publicly in front of groups or audiences.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Performs duties in compliance with Division and Park Customer Service Guidelines and Safety Guidelines.
24 hours per week (or as scheduled), flexible schedule.
Direct supervision by Park Administrator, Superintendent, Assistant or Manager
The Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity, and the diversity of its workforce.