Volunteer Hosting Program
Contact: Glen Stubbolo
89 Kings Hwy., Dover, DE 19901
Phone: (302) 739-9193
Fax: (302) 739-3817
Printable copy of this page
Assist maintenance staff with maintenance of park grounds, recreation areas, trails and public spaces.
Cape Henlopen State Park
Delaware Seashore State Park
Killens Pond State Park
Lums Pond State Park
Trap Pond State Park
- Mowing, may include push mowers and/or tractors
- Perform periodic trimming/removal of trees, limbs, brush and undergrowth using hand and power tools.
- Litter pick-up and trash/recyclable removal.
- Leaf and debris removal.
- Maintenance of gardens and plantings.
- Perform repair on park buildings, structures and facilities.
- Light machine repair/maintenance.
- Assist with maintenance, repair, and construction of recreation areas: fields, Volleyball courts, Disc Golf areas, horseshoe pits, basketball courts, cross country courses, etc.
- Assist in maintenance of campground areas.
- Assist with hiking, horse and bike trail maintenance:
- Help maintain trail corridor,
- Maintain trail surface as directed,
- Assist with footbridge and boardwalk maintenance, repair, construction.
- Clean and restock restrooms and bathhouses: toilets, vanities, floors, walls, mirrors, etc.
- Assist with special events.
- Report suggestions and observations.
- Other duties as assigned and agreed upon.
- Park and Division Recognition Program
- Training Opportunities
- Admission to Park
- Park and staff events
- Special events
- Ability to perform outdoor physical work over rough terrain, including bending, walking and controlling hand equipment; may require lifting up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to operate maintenance equipment, including hand and power tools, and gas powered equipment: tractors, mowers, blowers, chainsaws, trimmers, clippers.
- Must attend equipment training and perform work in keeping with established Maintenance Techniques.
- Perform duties in compliance with Division and Park Customer Service Guidelines and Safety Guidelines.
24 hours per week (or as scheduled), Flexible schedule
Direct supervision by Park Administrator, Superintendent, Assistant or Manager
The Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity, and the diversity of its workforce.