- Camping and Cottages
- Sports and Leisure Activities
- Nature/History Programs
- School Group Programs
- Indian River Marina
- Museums, Attractions, Brandywine Zoo
- Weddings, Meetings
- General Information
- Resident Curatorships
- Volunteering, Friends'
- Passes and Fees
Volunteer Hosting Program
Contact: Glen Stubbolo
89 Kings Hwy., Dover, DE 19901
Phone: (302) 739-9193
Fax: (302) 739-3817
Assists Administration of Park in Park Office, Campground Registrar, and Fee Collection.
Cape Henlopen State ParkDelaware Seashore State Park Fort Delaware State Park Killens Pond State Park Lums Pond State Park Trap Pond State Park
- Answer visitor questions
- Provide appropriate printed materials and directions
- Answer phone, provide information or direct call to appropriate area
- May assist with additional visitor services including:
- Take pavilion reservations
- Register and sell annual passes
- Assist with retail operation, including sales and making change
- May assist with computer operation and data entry
- Assist with other office functions: copying, mailing, etc.
- Work station is indoors, at Park Office.
- Work with Computer Automated Reservation System: reports and data entry
- Campground Registrar (Air-Conditioned Station):
- Register campers on arrival
- Collect fees: Campground and day use fees on weekend
- Use cash register, make change, reconcile moneys daily
- Resale of firewood and ice
- Answer questions
- Ensure checkouts
- Answer Phone
- Fee Booth Attendent (Air-Conditioned Station):
- Collect day use fees, use cash register, make changes, reconcile bank daily
- Answer questions, provide direction.
- Assist with special events
- Other duties as assigned and agreed upon.
- Park and Division Recognition Program
- Training Opportunities
- Admission to Park
- Park and staff events
- Special events
- Self-motivated and able to work independently without direct supervision
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Able to communicate effectively with a diverse public.
- Pleasant and personable. Relates well with people.
- Able to work with money and make change.
- Able to use office machines: copier, Fax, phone, cash register
- Desire and ability to assist visitors and provide general information.
- Able to stand for long periods in fee collection area.
- Performs duties in compliance with Division and Park Customer Service Guidelines and Safety Guidelines.
24 hours per week (or as scheduled), flexible schedule.
Direct supervision by Park Administrator, Superintendent, Assistant or Manager
The Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity, and the diversity of its workforce.