- Camping and Cottages
- Sports and Leisure Activities
- Nature/History Programs
- School Group Programs
- Indian River Marina
- Museums, Attractions, Brandywine Zoo
- Weddings, Meetings
- General Information
- Resident Curatorships
- Volunteering, Friends'
- Passes and Fees
Search For Volunteer Information:
Contact: Karen Minner
89 Kings Hwy., Dover, DE 19901
Phone: (302) 739-9193
Fax: (302) 739-3817
In addition to outstanding training and hands-on learning, there are tangible benefits to Delaware State Parks interns:
- Stipend: Interns are considered volunteers and are not paid for their service. Interns may elect to receive a stipend to help cover expenses incurred during their volunteer intern service. The more hours an intern serves, the greater the costs likely to be incurred. As a result, the stipend is a fixed amount of $100 per week for service of 30 or more hours per week or $50.00 per week for service of between 20 – 30 hours/ week paid biweekly as a direct deposit into the Intern’s bank account.
- Taxes: No taxes are withheld from the stipend. Interns electing to receive the stipend will complete IRS Form W-9 Request for Tax-Payer Identification as self-employed and will receive a Form 1099 at the end of the year that reports the amount of income from the stipend. The stipend is not a wage, but does count toward the total income on which the intern’s tax obligation is based. Interns receiving less than $600 in a calendar year are not subject to receiving a Form 1099.
- Housing: Some housing is available, at no fee, for interns providing full-time hours (30 or more per week). If selected for housing, an intern will share a house, duplex or dorm facility with other interns.
- Activities: Interns receive free admission to all Delaware State Parks and the opportunity to attend most programs and activities at no fee.