Yurts are available at Lums Pond and Trap Pond State Parks. Yurts are round stationary structures with canvas walls that feature: a single and double bed bunked together, a double bed size futon, an outdoor seating area, and outdoor deck. Yurts are a fun and easy alternative to pitching a tent yourself, but still allow you to experience the rustic feel of camping outdoors. Perfect for the new camper!
- Maximum 5 people per yurt
- Available year-round at Lums Pond
- Available March 1 through November 30 at Trap Pond
- Maximum stay: two consecutive weeks
- Weekend reservations must include both Friday and Saturday nights
- Reservations are accepted up to 7 months prior to the date of arrival.
- Since animals are not allowed in yurts, guests should leave their pets at home.
What to Bring
- Linens: two sets of double size and one set of twin size sheets, blankets, and pillows.
- Cooking supplies: food, cooking and eating utensils, pots and pans, dishes, dish detergent, towels, trash bags.
- Small appliances: toaster, coffee maker, toaster oven.
- Personal items: clothing, toiletries, towels, insect spray, wet weather gear.
- Miscellaneous items: flashlight, matches, binoculars, first aid kit, lawn chairs, 1-3 gallon water container, board or card games, clothesline and pins, cooler and ice, charcoal.
- Fans: during hot weather, fans are advisable and may be used inside yurt.
During Your Stay
- All park and campground rules, regulations, and policies apply to yurt users.
- Quiet time is 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Smoking and pets are prohibited on yurt campsites. Alcohol is prohibited at Lums Pond, but is permitted at Trap Pond yurt sites.
- Visitors are permitted between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. Visitors will be charged applicable park entrance fees.
- Renters are responsible for disposing of their trash in the campground dumpster.
- We encourage all visitors to reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Yurt furnishings may not be removed. Occupants will be held liable for any damage done to the tent, site or equipment.
Safety Notice: Cooking inside yurts is not permitted.
Pets are not allowed in cabins, cottages, or yurts.
Yurts At Lums Pond State Park
Each yurt has parking space for two vehicles. Additional vehicles must park at the overflow parking lot adjacent to the campground registrar fee booth.
You may erect one tent on the yurt grounds for a maximum capacity of eight people per yurt site.
3355 Red Lion Road, Bear, DE 19701
Yurts At Trap Pond State Park
Parking is located within a short walking distance of the yurts. Cars may not be driven directly to the sites. Handcarts are available for transporting luggage from the parking area to the campsites.
Tents are not permitted on yurt campsites at Trap Pond.
33587 Baldcypress Lane, Laurel, DE 19956
Campsite rates are for up to four people. Additional persons are $2 per night, up to a maximum of eight people per site.
Campgrounds at Cape Henlopen and Trap Pond State Park are open from March 1 through November 30. They are closed during the winter months.
The new campground at Delaware Seashore State Park is now open! The campground will be open year-round, although during the winter months, it is open for self-contained units only. The Cottages at Indian River Marina are open year-round.
Campgrounds at Killens Pond and Lums Pond State Parks are open year-round.
The Division of Parks and Recreation has a Central Reservation Service. Although reservations are not required, we strongly recommend that you make one to ensure that accommodations are available. There is no additional expense to make a reservation.
Reservations can be placed for campgrounds, cabins, yurts, the Cottages at Indian River Marina, and Fort Delaware tours, and Killen's Pond Waterpark..
- Reservations may be made up to one year in advance of arrival date. The reservation window is based on the same date one year from the date of arrival. The new date begins, for both the Call Center and Online reservations, at the opening time of the Call Center. Therefore, Internet users do not have an earlier "window" than callers.
- Reservations may be made up to the day prior to arrival. For Call Center users, cutoff is close-of-business the day before arrival. For Internet reservations, the cutoff is midnight the day before arrival.
- All family campsites, cabins, camping cabins and yurts can be reserved. All campgrounds are site-specific (you pick a particular site prior to arrival) with the exception of Overflow Camp at Delaware Seashore State Park, which is site general (find the best open site).
- There is a $10 cancellation fee for campsites and a $35 fee for cabins if cancellation occurs prior to 30 days before arrival date. Cancellation within 30 days of arrival results in a charge of one night's camping or cabin fee. Early departures forfeit any remaining balance.
- Please review maps of your destination campground to select possible sites prior to making a reservation.
Delaware State Parks are here for your enjoyment. Please be considerate of others and dispose of litter properly. Remember...take only pictures and leave only footprints.
- Each campsite may have up to 8 people. There is an additional $2.00 per day charge for each person over the first four.
- Campsites can only be registered to park visitors 18 years of age or older.
- Between Memorial Day weekend and Labor Day weekend, camping is permitted for a maximum of 14 days within a 21-day period per park.
- Each campsite can accommodate 1 mobile camping unit and 1 tent (limited only by the size of the site) or 2 tents with a maximum of 300 square feet of floor space.
- Only one vehicle may be parked at each campsite. Additional vehicles may be parked in the visitor overflow parking lot.
- Check-out time for campsites is 12:00 noon on the date the camping permit expires.
- Campers registering before 6:00 AM will be charged for the previous night.
- Pets are permitted in Delaware State Park campgrounds, but must be attended at all times. Pets are not allowed in cabins or yurts. For specific policies about pets at each park, consult the campground registration booth or park office. Pets are not allowed at Killen's Pond Waterpark.
Help us protect our trees by preventing the spread of harmful insect pests to Delaware's parks and forests. Use the firewood sold at the campground or from local sources near the park you are visiting. Please do not bring firewood with you into Delaware.
Emerald Ash Borer is a beetle that was most likely introduced to this country from Asia in solid wood packing material aboard cargo ships. The adult beetle feeds on the foliage of ash trees and does little damage. However, Emerald Ash Borer larva feed on the inner bark of the tree, disrupting the tree’s ability to thrive.
The Emerald Ash Borer was first discovered in Michigan in 2002 and has since spread to Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, Missouri, West Virginia, and Quebec and Ontario in Canada. Despite states’ best efforts to stop the spread of this insect, it has killed an estimated 25 million trees.
One of the most common ways that Emerald Ash Borer spreads is through the transportation of firewood. The most effective way that citizens can help stop the spread of this invasive insect is to refrain from transporting wood, including firewood from one state to another. When you travel to a campground, use the firewood that is sold there to prevent the spread of the Emerald Ash Borer.
For more information about emerald ash borer, visit this national site maintained by Michigan State University.
Campfires and open fires may be banned in selected campgrounds during extremely dry conditions. Please contact the campground immediately prior to your visit for fire status. Charcoal fires in grills are permitted during bans unless otherwise noted.
Campfires are not permitted at Delaware Seashore State Park at any time.
You may change a reservation once at no charge. For each subsequent change, a fee of $10 will be charged. Changes may be a date or site change at any state park that offers family camping, cottages, cabins, or yurts. The transaction amount must remain the same as the original reservation charge to qualify as a change.
- A cancellation fee of $10 will apply if cancellation occurs 31 days or more before arrival date. Balance of payments will be refunded.
- A cancellation fee equivalent to a one-day campsite fee will be charged if cancellation is within 30 days of arrival date. Balance of payments will be refunded.
- A $35 fee will be applied for cancellation of a cabin, camping cabin or yurt reservation. Balance of payments will be refunded.
- A $300 fee will be applied for cancellation of a waterfront cottage 121 days or more in advance of arrival date. The customer will forfeit ½ of the published rental fee if the reservation is cancelled less than 121 days prior to arrival date.
- Early departures forfeit all balances.
- Refunds for cancellations may only be issued by the Division of Parks and Recreation or by the Call Center.
- The park reserves the right to hold a campsite, cabin or yurt for 24 hours after your expected arrival date before your reservation is cancelled and returned to inventory.
- Cancellations will result in the issuance of a refund of the balance of fees paid. The refund will be applied by the same instrument by which payment was made (i.e. credit card payments will receive a credit using the same credit card. Checks and money orders will receive a check refund.) Refunds by check require a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks for delivery. The Request for Refund procedures must be followed for refunds made by check.
- Customers may not cancel a reservation and rebook the stay for the same dates in order to receive a promotional discount.
- Designated officials in each park and specified Dover staff may authorize a complete refund in case of emergency or early departure.
In the event Delaware State Parks must close a park or campground (due to storm or other emergency); the affected campers will be given a refund of the unused portion of their reservation. If the campground remains open and the camper elects to leave, the action will be treated as an Early Departure and no refund will be given.